Thursday, March 26, 2009

Better than Flowers

     Yesterday I was having something of a rough day.  I was stressed out from having applied for a job for the first time in 15 yrs and PMSing to boot.  My husband phoned from work and we talked about some minor household things.  A little while later, I checked Facebook and saw that he'd posted this on my wall: 

you are pretty and smart,the only girl in the universe for me is you.Thank you for holding my hand and guiding my stupid ass through the years.
 
     I was speechless.  Still am a little.  Direct compliments from my husband are not very frequent.  I'm sort of happy about that.  I wonder if the impact would wear off if I heard this sort of thing all the time.  What a treasure he is.  We've been together 14 1/2 yrs now and as you can see, the shiny hasn't worn off yet.  *smile*  The thing that made this even better was that he posted it right out there where everyone could see it.  Flowers are fabulous, but only I see them, or perhaps the odd friend who stops by.  This compliment was posted on the newsfeeds of all 128 of our mutual friends as well as on my wall where my friends would see it.  WOW.  What a man! :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw that on your Facebook and was like, AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. That is SO awesome, and WAY better than flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for maintaining my ego by making me think someone actually reads my posts. :)